Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine
Comments.

-Playing 35% of a teams snaps doesn't sound like much, but since the instituted this rule only about 25% of the players drafted in rounds 3-7 have qualified. I am guessing that it i higher than that for just the third round, but after that finding a good player in rounds 4-7 is more about luck than scouting.

-Not saying this to defend Bodine, but PFF's individual rankings are highly flawed. It it possible for a guy to be ranked behind another guy who both played fewer snaps and messed up more often. PFF keeps track of some good data, but their individual rankings are all messed up.

-Bodine looks like a bust, I predict we will draft guy to sit a year and replace him in '18. The Benglas only gave Ghiagiuc 2 full years as our starter before moving on from him. Kyle Cook was a good Center until he got injured in '12, but when he sucked in 13 they cut his ass. It is very rare for a fourth round pick to step in and start as a rookie so I was not surprised when he struggled as a rookie. I figured that if he was good enough to step in and start he would be gone way before the middle of the fourth round. But I expected him to get a good bit better each year, and he has not done that. And although I am slow to jusdge a player based on his first couple of seasons I also realize that a guy who has been in the year three full years in not suddenly going to get a lot better. And that takes me to my final point....

-If it was easy to find good starting Centers then there would not be any teams with a center worse than Bodine. The fact is that the 26th ranked Center is still a "starting" center in the NFL. The question is how much resources are you willing to use for an upgrade. I'd love to see use use a first or second round pick on a Center who might step in and possibly be an upgrade from day one, but Alexander's success with cast offs like Braham and Cook have clouded the vision of the front office. Instead my prediction is another fourth rounder like Bodine, Jonathan Luigs, and Eric Ghiaciuc. But instead of throwing him into the starting lineup they will let him sit a year behind Russell. And unless Bodine pulls off some major surprising improvements he will be shown the door like Eric and Kyle were.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - xxlt - 02-13-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - xxlt - 02-13-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - xxlt - 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - fredtoast - 02-13-2017, 12:30 PM