Poll: Would you buy season tickets for 2017?
Yes, I'm a sucker
No, I'm a genius
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who Would Buy Season Tickets To The Bengals For 2017?
Rooting intrest aside, from a strictly viewing experience, hockey and football are 180 degree opposites. Hockey is most definitely better in person than on TV. There is just no way to capture the true speed and excitement of the game on TV that you get by being there. There's many reasons for that, but i would go so far to say that if your only exposure to professional - NHL- hockey is via SportsCenter highlights, you really don't know how much different, better and fun it is to actually be there.  Football on the other hand, again strictly  as a viewer, is better on TV. Lots of reasons for that also, some mentioned already. The NFL looks at people in the stands as the 'studio audience' for everyone else watching at home. That's where they make their money. The only live fans the owners are REALLY making money off of are the luxury box / corporate crowd. Plus the live gate gets split between the home and visiting teams anyway, if I'm not mistaken. So the irony is, technically, if you want to 'hurt' Mike Brown financially but still watch the Bengals, people should quit watching on TV and go watch in person (unless you have a corporate box). Collectively, he makes more form people watching on TV than watching at PBS.  (it's a joke folks)

That said, I believe the majority of season ticket holders look at going to games as entertainment ....many make a day of it with longstanding routines of tailgating with friends, going to to a favorite bar / restaurant before or after the games, etc. The actual game is the main event of a larger social experience. There's something about being there and being a part of the 60-some thousand screaming' family', all pulling for the same thing, high fiving people you dont know, etc. etc. and really feeling being a part of the game. You just can't get that anywhere but by being there.

The idea with a large number of season ticket holders is to make it a big day with family, friends, coworkers, whatever, revolving around the game. If the team wins, great, that's even better, but a loss doesn't  ruin the whole day either.   Not saying they aren't passionatly rooting for the Bengals, just saying that their won - lost record isn't necessarily the only factor in deciding to re-up again for next year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Would Buy Season Tickets To The Bengals For 2017? - BMK - 02-13-2017, 03:39 PM