Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the Net Neutrality Rollback Means for Netflix Users
(02-14-2017, 01:46 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Way to look our for the rural voters who brought you into office Trump! Oh wait they don't even have high speed internet. LOL

I was talking about that with some folks the other day. Their community only has high speed internet in a community that's geographically less than 1/16th of the county, and has about 1/8th the county's population. Their thinking was Trump is going to direct internet providers to make their service faster.

I got a glazed look when I started explaining that would take fiber optic line installation, which they aren't going to do to a population that's less than 10,000 spread out across such a wide geographic area. So I switched and told them it would be up to providers to decide if they had to pay for Netflix or Yahoo the same way the cable company — not the president — decides if you pay for HBO or The Weather Channel.

Boom! They got it then. And one of them actually said "Well what the hell good is [Trump] then?"

I thought it was a good time to talk about the duties of the executive branch, but it took me 10 minutes to get that idea broken down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the Net Neutrality Rollback Means for Netflix Users - Benton - 02-14-2017, 02:16 PM