Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv's record compared to other coaches
(02-14-2017, 05:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have written this elsewhere but will repeat.

Sam Wyche is probably the second best coach in team history or maybe third after Paul Brown and Forrest Greg.

Why wasn't Mike patient with Sam who had an outstanding record compared to Marv?

I think the answer is all about control and deferring to Mike versus a coach who was a type A workaholic who demanded excellence and innovation and fight for his ideals and high standards when different or in conflict with Mike.

Same was a great head coach and we have not had one since.

If we go back in history and keep Sam, I promise we would have had one or more Super Bowl trophies.

I agree.  In fact, it seems I read somewhere that Sam and Mike had been a part of more than one personnel dispute before the old man passed on.  Mike was not going to be challenged.

We may not have a Lombardi if Sam had stayed, but I guaran-damn-tee you there would have been a couple of runs at it, the 90s would not have been as bad, and we would have won a few damn playoff games by now.  If Sam has a chance at the rosters Mediocre Marv has had, he probably does have a ring......and lifers like Piano Man would either be gone, or just coaches in name only, as Wyche and HIS assistants would most likely render them a non factor.  

Wyche went on to what was the worst franchise in the NFL, and was 7-9 in his last season, having drafting the cornerstones to what would become a Super Bowl Champ.  If only Son of Paul wasn't such an egotistical, cheap, dumbass.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marv's record compared to other coaches - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-14-2017, 05:43 PM