Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we Ciricumsize our kids?
(02-15-2017, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just pointed out the AAP says the benefits outweigh the risks. Never said they said it should be a mandated institutional process. So I'm not sure what I misrepresented. Of course it should be left to the parents

You kind of answer your own question with the last one you ask. Because parents chose to and the benefits outweigh the risks. Why don't we ask:

Why do we comb out kids hair

Why do we put our kids hair in a ponytail

Why do we dress them up like little sailors

Why do we dress them up and take them out trick or treating

The answer to all is the parents prefer it and it causes the kid no harm (the AAP states it's beneficial). 

What is the underlying reason for the preference? Besides the circular logic of 1) parents prefer it and 2) AAP recommends following parent preference. The AAP recommends the procedure be available secondary to modest health benefits. However, the parent's decision can be 100% independent of any potential health benefits. Would you cut off the tip of your nose because Zeus commanded it?  I'm sure the studies will show if you cut off the tip of your nose it will decrease both the prevalence and incidence of infections and cancers affecting the tip of the nose. 

The part you omitted was the AAP's recommendation parents should chose based upon their "religious, ethical, and cultural beliefs." But, just to be clear, I don't expect you to admit the point. 

Parting your kids hair on the left vs. right side isn't the same as a medical procedure to remove part of you son's dick. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do we Ciricumsize our kids? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-15-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Why do we Ciricumsize our kids? - xxlt - 02-15-2017, 04:38 AM
RE: Why do we Ciricumsize our kids? - xxlt - 02-15-2017, 12:39 PM