Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke)
Lance can be a bit of a Magoo, but when he isn't pimping 1-800 GOT JUNK or "the blog, the blog, the blog", he is a passionate fan of the Reds and Bengals. I always kind of thought of him as the voice of the common fan as he would point out things that drove us nuts and want answers. But, to be fair balanced, he also praised the Bengals when they did things well.

I like Mo Egger a lot better than Lance because he is so damn funny. His continual request to be the Bengals "Manager of Common Sense" is hysterical. The Falcons could have used him at the Super Bowl.

With respect to Denny, he got a lot of hate on the old boards for even being positive...something that I am frequently dealing with. In the early years of the Dalton-Green Era, if you offered any support to Andy Dalton, you were a homer, an idiot, and clearly unable to "watch the game"....or all three. Now, I feel like there are more people in Dalton's camp than those still claiming "he sucks".

Denny would get really defensive when people questioned his loyalty, but I just try to remember the cumulative effect of all the horrible things that have happened to this team over the years. I completely get it, but I am not willing to give up my hopes on the future just because of the shyt storms that have reigned in the past. Denny hammering the Reds is interesting, because they were pretty damn close to advancing in the playoffs just a few years back, and are now rebuilding. Due to the guaranteed nature of contracts in baseball, it is a lot tougher to turn a team around when some of your investments don't pay off.

Either way, I can't say I miss the countless threads of Denny arguing with guys and eventually banning them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke) - SHRacerX - 02-15-2017, 10:55 AM