Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In case you haven't already figured it out..
(02-15-2017, 01:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I'm sure it's gonna be wash, rinse, repeat with the Mike/Marvin show. They'll retain most of the dead weight on the cheap, sign a couple has beens off the scrap heap, let Zeitler walk, etc.

And the window is gonna shut on Andy, AJ, Carlos, Geno, Whit, and company.

Never fear though Mike will announce Marvin's 2 year extension soon.  Ninja

If they intend to make the roster younger, they should at least make signing all of our valuable FA candidates a priority.  The team really screwed itself two years ago, with the Ogbuehi pick.  I'm assuming that the plan was for Ogbuehi to pan out, Whitworth to be able to ride off into the sunset, and the only major re-signing to be concerned with were Zeitler and Kirkpatrick.  Now, with that screw up, they are not only scrambling to keep Whitworth on the team and playing at a high level, but also likely looking to fill big shoes at RG. 

That is not good news for an offensive line that struggled like it did last year.

(02-15-2017, 01:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I hate this idea that were going to honestly draft and keep 11 players on this team. It totally goes against Marvin's current coaching "philosophy". Drafting 11 rookies means you have to play some of them over our "vested veterans", which is something Marvin refuses to do. I say you honestly consider keeping 7-9 and use the other picks as tools to move around or get more picks for next year. If you honestly planning on drafting 11 guys, then you need to seriously consider opening up opportunities for those players, not to mention drafting 11 rookies all but confirms that we are rebuilding.

I agree, that is too much new blood in one turnover.  First question to answer, who do you get rid of to make room for 11 new bodies?  Sure, we can all come up with 5-7 off the top of our heads, but our opinions never seem to be in line with the folks at the controls.

Just look at Cleveland.  They have drafted a ton of players in the past few years, most of them are starting for other teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In case you haven't already figured it out.. - SunsetBengal - 02-15-2017, 02:00 PM