Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you sign Junior Galette?
(07-27-2015, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem arises when a guy gets suspended mid season and there is no player available to replace him.

Not saying I wouldn't sign a guy who has had some problems, but we can't act like there is no risk.

Right now we have plenty of quality DEs.  However we are really thin at LB.  But I don't see him playing OLB in a 4-3.

I just think the risk is very minor. As I've said before, we'd only lose out on someone like Margus Hunt. I'm perfectly okay with that. There's guys on the street who could contribute as much as Hunt has.
(07-27-2015, 01:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Read the new link.
Galette is a cancer in the lockerroom. Rumors about him before this were he was a bad teammate. Read that link, he won't be accepted most places. 

There's been rumors that he was a little obnoxious after getting paid. Nothing on the record from what I've seen. On a positive note, Keenan Lewis and Kenny Vacarro have come to bat for Galette:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/26/keenan-lewis-on-junior-galette-give-him-a-chance/

So obviously not everyone disliked him. In a locker room with 53+ guys, not everyone is going to like each other. The fact that a couple of his former teammates are sticking up for him is a pretty big deal to me. The term "cancer" gets thrown around a lot these days, but I'd think that if Galette were a total a-hole, he wouldn't have former teammates sticking their necks out for him. Especially when they're still employed by the team that just cut Galette.

Fwiw, Galette has denied making the post or even having a twitter account. In all honesty, I don't have strong feelings on this either way. I wouldn't mind signing Galette to a "prove it" deal, and I don't think there would be any harm in it. If he's an a-hole, cut him. Simple. I'm not going to be upset if we don't go after him though. I think we're okay at DE for now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you sign Junior Galette? - CJD - 07-26-2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Would you sign Junior Galette? - Bryan - 07-26-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Would you sign Junior Galette? - CJD - 07-27-2015, 08:21 AM
RE: Would you sign Junior Galette? - kevin - 07-26-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Would you sign Junior Galette? - Shake n Blake - 07-27-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Would you sign Junior Galette? - J24 - 07-27-2015, 07:19 PM