Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Warming up in the bullpen, number 46...
(02-16-2017, 04:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It should also be pointed out that there was a lot of development in the Supreme Court over Watergate and Nixon being asked to release all of his tapes between 1973 and 1974. The case against him started nearly two years before he resigned.

To suggest that enough could occur in 10 months to convince Republicans to try to impeach both the President and VP is a fantasy.

If both Trump and Pence were colluding with Russia to throw the election it would be possible to impeach both, but I don't believe both were. Pence is just to smart.

In Trump's case, there are so many potential avenues of impeachment is impossible to predict which one could issue into the required "high crimes"--think of his business conflicts of interest, his carelessness handling intel and state business, the potential for foreign policy disasters on a much larger scale than Yemen, the inexplicable bromance with Putin,  an AG apparently ready to "work with him" on actions skirting the Constitution. 

I don't think it impossible to impeach Trump in 10 months, but I think it likely he he would resign first, like "settling out of court."  Or he could plead health reasons. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - Dill - 02-16-2017, 06:25 PM