Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke)
(02-17-2017, 01:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 100% true story: One time on the old JN I got a warning/ infraction and neg rep from Denny for making a comment about a writer. I don't remember the exact details, but it was someone like Pete Piscro. I started a thread about an article, linked it and everything, and said something like Prisco is a moron. The best part was I was defending the Bengals or a player, against something stupid he said.

So yeah, he negs me and gives me an infraction for "insulting other member".

I sent a PM to him asking if he knew Prisco was a writer and not a member.  I told to read the story to see I was ripping him for dogging us.

He sent me a short reply of "I'll remove the warning just this once. I won't be so nice next time" (paraphrased).

Lol. No apology. No jovial "my bad" jokes. Nothing.  He acted like he was doing me a favor. All cuz I called a writer of Bengals hit piece a moron.

Meanwhile, there was probably at least 100 different insults, way worse than moron, that I received that month alone and the dude never said a peep or did squat. Not that I cared, but there's some irony in being scolded for calling someone a moron, while simultaneously being called every name in the book.

It's like walking down the street while people all around you are fighting, looting, starting fires, tipping cars and having a cop detain you for jaywalking.  Like, dude, look around you. There's a guy getting stabbed over there, why are you messing with me?

Another true story: Before I knew Denny's story (hot wife, good looking family, own business) I thought he might be, how you say, "challenged".  Not saying that to be mean or funny or anything. I really did. I thought it was 50-50 it was either a mental capacity situation or a big troll job. One or the other. I even PMd my good pal Shake to ask him if he knew if Denny was maybe "special". Remember that at all, Shake?

Lol. Actually, I was thinking about that old PM you sent me as I was reading your post.

(02-17-2017, 03:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's one thing to have a positive outlook. It's quite another to be completely fake about it while passive aggressively degrading others that didn't share Denny's love for Mike Brown's ****. 

Exactly. Denny's "positivity" was a proven charade, and it seemed as if he abused his mod powers by banning dissenters. And no....that doesn't happen here, despite the claims of a few. There's always good reason behind discipline here (usually involves cussing/personal attacks, or blatant trolling/alts). We've honestly given a longer leash to most than the old boards would have. Some abuse that leash, then are surprised when they finally get disciplined. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke) - Shake n Blake - 02-17-2017, 02:13 PM