Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke)
(02-17-2017, 02:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was an absolutely horrible moderator, and an even worse poster. He contributed zilch to the discussion. He almost never provided any facts, analysis, or shared an honest opinion.

I think you can look to every single other mod on how one can be both positive and respectful of others. I think 34 did a tremendous job of toting the line.  Taking the approach of something as simple as "this is what I think and here's why..." goes a long way. Giving an honest and thoughtful opinion and taking the time to explain breeds much more civility that offering nothing to support your stance.

I think Denny purposely wrote things to antagonize people, NOT because he believed it, and NOT because he wanted to contribute to the discussion.  And at the end of the day, mod or not, that's what everyone is ultimately here for. To talk sports. I never got the impression he wanted to talk about anything.  His words were the literal equivalent of a kid sticking his tongue out.

He did way more harm than good. Writing the things he did only made the negativity worse IMO. Blatant attempts to rile people are going elicit stronger reactions than thoughtful takes.

Think of it this way, if someone writes about how they think The Eagles are their favorite band and gives you a bunch of reasons why they legitimately like them more than The Beatles it will much better received than someone writing something like "The Eagles are the greatest band ever" and just ending it there. That's going to lead to way more negative rebuttals and statements about the band, because the opinion comes across as absurd.

He knew what he was doing. And that's called trolling.  He made the boards worse. He made the negativity worse, and he was terrible at moderating. The dude just plained sucked.  There is no other half to the story.

I personally witnessed Denny intentionally antagonize posters in order to illicit a reaction so he could ban them. Then he would delete the interaction. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke) - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-17-2017, 02:37 PM