Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuben Foster out of combine for shoulder surgery
(02-17-2017, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've actually seen two mocks now (Kiper and Chad Reuter on nfl.com) that have the Bengals actually going with Taco Charlton. He's got ideal DE measurements for what the Bengals prefer, he had a much improved senior season (finally clicked?), and was coached for a former NFL head coach in Harbaugh. This selection is making more and more sense, plus he could not be such a reach if he has a good combine.
I have been big on Charlton for few months now and have made it known, but I thought he could be had in the 2nd. It appears many people are becoming higher on him as we go on. I am okay with taking him in the 1st, even in the top 10, as I have compared him throughout the process to Dunlap. If you could draft Carlos Dunlap with our top 10 pick, would you? I think most teams would.

The whole reach thing is a bit over done. If you like a guy you get them at the latest possible point where you think you can get him without risking losing him. Based on the press Charlton has gotten, it doesn't seem like we could get him much later than 9, so if he is your guy go get him. Obviously, the debate over is someone else better at 9 with a suitable replacement in the 2nd, but that is different than the reach argument.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reuben Foster out of combine for shoulder surgery - Au165 - 02-17-2017, 03:16 PM