Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Costs of the First Family's Lifestyle
(02-17-2017, 04:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Obama's travel related expenses were $97 million over 8 years, or about $12m a year. In one month, just the 3 trips to Mar-a-Lago have been roughly $10m.

Half a million a day for the NYPD to protect Trump Tower as Melania and Baron choose to live outside of DC.

Over $100,000 spent so far on business trips for the older Trump boys.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/317506-melania-trump-to-move-to-dc-at-end-of-school-year

Apparently only until the school year ends.

Still expensive, though. I feel like I could secure a building for less than $500k a day. That's some ridiculous union overtime wages right there. Lol.. if your 500k number is right, that's what, $182.5m for a year? Private military contractors make like $500/day in Iraq, and they're at significant more threat of being blown up or shot in Iraq. Say $300/day, give me 210 people working on 3 different 8 hour shifts (70/shift) and pow.. $63k/day, or just under $23m for a year. Even if you account for spending money on communications, food, weapons, bodyarmor, bomb sniffing dogs, etc. I can't see it ever reaching $500k/day without union overtime and such just bending you over to fill their pockets.

I'd be really curious to see the accounting for that, actually. Would be fascinating.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Costs of the First Family's Lifestyle - TheLeonardLeap - 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM