Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallers and Risers Pre Combine Predictions
(02-15-2017, 11:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really buy into anyone "raising their stock" at the combine anymore.  Most scouts go off the tape, and the combine just confirms a few things.

However, I do think a guy can really hurt his stock with a performance at the combine if there are already concerns.

The one guy that I think really hurts himself at the combine in Desmand King of Iowa.  I don't think he will show the athleticism that the scouts want at CB.  There's already buzz that he is going to have to play safety in the NFL.  I think a less than outstanding combine will confirm that in most scouts eyes.

Just looking at last year, I think the combine boosted Goff and Wentz due to their respective throwing and measurables. I think it sky rocketed Fuller and Doctson from 2nd round picks as well.

And more than just measurables and such, interviews and personally meeting the players is a great way for players to rise a round or so as well.

I don't think there are many multi round jumpers as a result of the combine anymore, but movement within the first round is a real possibility.

I do agree, though, that more often than not, the combine hurts a prospect than helps him.

Especially the interviews haha.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fallers and Risers Pre Combine Predictions - CJD - 02-18-2017, 02:02 AM