Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, in a big nutshell. (aka jump!)
(02-18-2017, 04:15 PM)Dill Wrote: This is why I like to hear views from outside the USA fishbowl. 

Yes, empirical truth, logical consistency etc., are now evidence of "bias"--even condescension.  The MSM is more frequently guilty of this. Hence "leftist." Despite your very telling point that it is a for-profit media. And I believe you noted on another thread how Amero-centric our MSM is when reporting foreign affairs. The German media, for example, though very guilt-conscious and sensitive, are much better on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The Parliamentary system, as unwieldly as it is, produces a better informed public I think, supports a more diverse range of news sources.  

As for the "free of shame card"--the point is not to condemn or exonerate anyone. For me, at least, it is a matter of returning public/political discourse to some kind of accountability and stability.  Saying "both sides are guilty" without breaking down their different logics, tactics, and truth claims just perpetuates the muddle.   

Yeah alright, I can get behind that. And Amero-centric, I said something like that and really meant it, but it's not really just me. Only a few people in Europe think CNN is too credible. We felt they blindly fell in line with their patriotic duty during Iraq war times, for example. I guess Americans have a different take on that and that's fine. I merely pointed that out to show that I am not an automatic defender of CNN and other networks as "beacons of truth" that are under such devious presidential attack now.

What is completely unprecedented is a president calling every media outlet except from Rush Limbaugh enemy of the people - because rush rushed to show his undying Trump love and for no other reason than that - a pure dictator move. I know I mentioned that often already, but it's so damn unbelievable it needs to be repeated again and again. I despise every republican sitting in Congress and senate backing this kind of behaviour, and that has nothing to do with being "liberal". (The baffled democratic party can vanish too, although not without the red team leading the way into oblivion. Make room for brandnew alternatives.) Damn unpatriotic red hacks, at this point I honestly feel I love America in its entirety more than they do. No kidding. From the outside, maybe Calexit moves really are the answer to that, when one side gladly would drive democracy into the ground just if it takes the hated side with it. If that's what would remain. A wasteland and a liberal tears mug on top of it.

How can any conservative rally behind that. It's really disheartening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, in a big nutshell. (aka jump!) - hollodero - 02-18-2017, 04:59 PM