Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, in a big nutshell. (aka jump!)
(02-18-2017, 07:10 PM)Dill Wrote: That news conference was reportedly the deal breaker for Harward.  

Well, good for him.

(02-18-2017, 07:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Don't get entirely disheartened. A large number of Republicans and Republican Congressmen disliked Trump from the get go. His behavior is gradually giving them permission to dissent. And remember Trump is getting worse, not better. Next week this list forum will throw up threads on entirely new scandals, while this week's linger on. The chaos will continue, week after week, month after month, until he is gone.

But week after week it gets more difficult to jump ship. After they already have swallowed so many things. I don't know, I'm not that optimistic any more. As months go by, reputations are more and more damaged, hence they tie themselves to Trump tighter and tighter.
Gradually giving them permission? Is this some kind of kidding? Your president called the media "enemy of the people"! He shoves his tiny middle finger right into the face of core democratic principles and red-hearted people keep standing by and taking it. This doesn't get better when people just get used to that and develop alternative thinking instead.
Week after week. This was already true so many weeks ago. This should have stopped way earlier, in fact when the birther thing broke out, or week after week when the weekly new instances of inacceptable sayings came along. That were eaten up again and again. The red congressmen and senators didn't stand up by now, so they are enablers that have nothing to hope for any longer by standing up at some point. Too much have they already taken, too deep is they hole they dug for themselves by letting things go. They are tied to the ship. Now it's just a weekly challenge in inventing alternative facts. I hope I'm wrong, of course. But I see no reason for counting on any red partisan hack any longer.

(02-18-2017, 07:10 PM)Dill Wrote: The Trumpster core, of course, still thinks his performance is great. It might be that a significant segment of American voters don't really grasp the principle of free press. Like Trump, they don't perceive questions about dealings with Russia as legitimate and in the people's interest--just a lib media attack from those who wanted Hillary to win.

Which is why some people with backbone who do have some credibility in those circles need to stand up and protect your democracy like right now. But no, dopey Rand Paul explicitely says, hell no we won't go against fellow republicans. Good for you, you spineless little worm.
Who really cares if Russia meddles with our democracy? At least it's not the liberals! That's all that counts.
Nope, I do not count on these people any more. They are neutered. My hopes rest on the CIA right now, as awful as that sounds, CIA and FBI are bound to save your democracy. Republicans would just ignore any evidence and move on, it seems rather obvious.

(02-18-2017, 07:10 PM)Dill Wrote: But I also think that more and more Americans who voted for Trump (not his base) are gradually realizing that he does not want a free press, that refusing to call on legitimate reporters while doling out press badges to right wing bloggers is a strategy for avoiding accountability, for expanding the right wing Bubble, where "facts" like millions of illegals voting circulate unchallenged and liberals only imagine T's partiality to Russia.

I don't know. Whoever doesn't get it right now is no one I would count on. Liberal hate trumps everything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, in a big nutshell. (aka jump!) - hollodero - 02-18-2017, 08:41 PM