Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?"
(02-19-2017, 01:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You can look at it that way, but I can also say that if Nugent doesn't miss a FG that would have put the Bengals up 17 on the road, in Denver, that the Bengals win that game (that goes to OT) and get the #1 seed in the playoffs.  

Consider the dropoff.  We all keep talking about Andy's pending death due to the offensive line woes (although I think they will address it and I am not as much Chicken Little as some), but if Dalton goes down, I think the Bengals could still win with McCarron.  Driskell?  Uh, not so much...

That Denver game they started playing man coverage, and McCarron tore them up, and as soon as they switched to zone, he didn't reach 6 yards per attempt the rest of the year.

We all keep talking about Andy's pending death due to offensive line woes, true. But also recall Dalton has one of the top two quickest release times in the NFL last I knew. Meanwhile McCarron took 15 sacks in just under 5 games behind an OL that only gave up 20 in the previous 12-and-change games. McCarron would have taken 100+ sacks (if he survived that long) behind the 2016 OL.

He can't read (as of last we saw) zone defenses, he is slow to get rid of the ball, and he gets happy feet with running it despite clearly not having the ability to do so (19 rushes for 40 yards). If Dalton goes down, the team is screwed. That goes double if the OL isn't improved over last season. Regardless McCarron or Driskell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?" - TheLeonardLeap - 02-19-2017, 03:14 PM