Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone please explain this to me?
(02-19-2017, 12:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The OP can apply this same knowledge in the Fournette thread. And I don't recall anyone saying that LF is better than Zeke. That remains to be learned. Walker could be very good be he is inconsistent with his effort.
That said, if he slips to the third & Cincy gets him, I would be cool with the pick.
He's actually supposed to slip into the late first now so doubt we get him anyways. But as to the LF and Zeke thing I refer to this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769553/article/ask-5-which-rb-do-you-prefer-ezekiel-elliott-or-fournette%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dcollege-football%253Bplyr%253Dadrian_peterson%253Bplyr%253Dezekiel_elliott&p.ct=CFB+24%252F7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%2523ffffff&p.bgc1m=%2523000000&sr=amp
(02-19-2017, 01:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  While I don't see him "twitchy" enough to be a true outside pass rush threat in a 3-4 defense, I could see him being an every down RDE in a 4-3 that could rotate inside on pass rushing downs.

One characteristic I always consider is the supporting cast.  Walker wasn't surrounded by outstanding talent, but a group that was highly touted and never really lived up to their potential.  If he was on Bama, would he be receiving the pub of Allen?  Perhaps, but more than likely no because he doesn't deliver the outright speed that we have seen out of Allen, amazing for a man near 290 lbs.  

The supporting cast being weaker means opposing offenses likely had to focus on him, double teams, etc.  That was one thing the Bama team thrived on...they could beat you in so many ways.  

The bottom line is:  no one player is a sure thing, but when you see him excel against top talent, and make plays with both his brains (diagnosing plays) and his brawn (just bullrushing guys) then you might have a special talent.  A top 10 pick has to be a playmaker.  I think Walker could be a solid RDE, but never a Pro Bowler...just my two cents. 
I agree with almost everything u said here but I believe he will be a 2-3 time pro bowler but never an all pro. Most likely first alternate on pro bowl teams. I believe him getting 8-10 sacks a year. But that was well thought out and some good points.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone please explain this to me? - Jpoore - 02-19-2017, 09:11 PM