Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Prayers for the refugee attack in Sweden two nights ago.
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/02/19/fox-news-sunday-stuns-america-formally-denounces-donald-trump-video/

Quote:‘Fox News Sunday’ Stuns America & Formally Denounces Donald Trump

Quote:Fox News’ Chris Wallace tore into White House chief of staff Reince Priebus on Sunday morning after President Donald Trump tweeted Friday calling the media the “enemy” of the American people.

‘When he said the fake news media is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people, I believe that crosses an important line,’ Wallace noted.

Wallace also went on to note that he agrees with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ.) who recently compared Trump’s relentless attacks on the media to that of a dictator.

‘It’s a check on power, and he was saying that in dictatorships, there’s state-run media and there’s no opportunity for a free independent press. So, I think he’s exactly right there,’ Wallace said of McCain.’

Fox News host Pete Hegseth then tried to defend Trump, claiming the president is “taking on the hidden bias” of the media.

‘When our founders were there, there were partisan press. Papers were Republican or Democrat or Federalist and it was open about it. [Trump] is saying, they tell you they’re unbiased, but I know they’re biased because I see the fake news. It’s not about the independence of the press, it’s about the bias of the press,’ he asserted.

Wallace then proceeded to compare Trump’s disparaging of the media to past comments President Obama made about Fox News, saying, “Lord knows, Barack Obama criticized Fox News. If Donald Trump wants to criticize The New York Times, that’s fine. But it’s different from saying we are an enemy of the American people. That’s a different thing.”

Then, in one of the best parts of the segment, Wallace pointed out something a lot of Fox listeners probably needed to hear:

‘And I know there are a lot of [Fox News] listeners out there who are going to reflexively take Donald Trump’s side on this. It’s a different thing when it’s a president because if it’s a president you like trying to talk about the press being the enemy of the people, then it’s going to be a president you don’t like saying the same thing. And that’s very dangerous.’

Wallace’s remarks not only come at the heels of Trump’s multiple attacks against the media via Twitter this week, but also his comments at a press conference Thursday and at a campaign rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday.

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prayers for the refugee attack in Sweden two nights ago. - Bengalzona - 02-19-2017, 10:59 PM