Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?"
(02-20-2017, 10:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Those three teams won Super Bowls BECAUSE they had a capable backup.  And that is 3 teams in the past 30 years that had that situation, and only counting one of Brady's titles.  

Your statement about drafting a QB late because he could be Tom Brady is just nonsense.  The Pats drafted and developed him.  He wasn't much more than a game manager that first Super Bowl, but he developed over time.  

Saying this team would have no chance if Dalton went down isn't accurate.  They had putzburg beat two years ago with their backup QB.  That putzburg team was capable of winning the Super Bowl and very well might have if not for a costly fumble (which I was very thankful for).

Factor in that if McCarron goes elsewhere after his FA period is up and signs a decent contract, he will likely be a third round compesatory pick.  Why give him away for anything close to that when he provides security as a backup?  

This will be very interesting to see what teams are willing to offer up for him.  I still think he would make a perfect NY Jet.  

3 in 30 years are not good enough odds to bank on. We aren't good enough to win right now with our starter, so a capable back up does 0 for us. You point to pittsburgh, but they didn't win so what does that mean? We beat Pittsburgh then lose to Denver instead (who already beat us with McCaron), still doesn't mean we get a SB. We need more pieces, that the back up can get us. If you wait until you can use the compensatory/tender pick your looking at a team a couple years older and further from their prime.

I simply think a back up QB on a team not good enough to win now is a wasted Luxury.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?" - Au165 - 02-20-2017, 11:15 AM