Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine
(02-18-2017, 07:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Freddie De La Toaste does like to show his stuff. Tongue

Seriously, I read on Cincy Jungle a week, or so, ago that Bodine WAS rated the next to worst center in the NFL. Sorry I don't recall the source.

I have seen Bodine mentioned as one of the worst Centers from multiple sources.

(02-18-2017, 07:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And destroyed it as well with crap like this. You should be paid by the quality of work, not quantity. Who owns this team, China?

Common sense Harley, some have it, some don't and it is extremely uncommon.

(02-19-2017, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For over 20 years PA never had a single high draft pick flop, and Ogbuehi still has a chance to keep that streak alive.  Remember that Andre Smith was considered a bust after his second season also.  

Bodine was only a 4th rounder and the success rate for all O-lineman taken in the fourth round is pretty low.  If every O-line coach who failed to turn a fourth round pick into a starter was fired how many O-line coaches would still have a job.

For years Paul was forced to get by on scraps.  In one 12 year stretch ('97-'08) the Bengals only use 3 picks in the first 2 rounds on O-line, and 2 more in the third round.  And over the past decade the Bengals have been one of the very best pass protection teams in the league.

Bout time to move on then and get something fresh in here. Stinks to high heaven.

The Patriots O-line has guys that went undrafted and much less talent as far as early round picks yet they give Brady
all the time in the world and block well in the run game. Coaches around the league coach up middle to late round picks
into something all the time. I am sure we could find a guy that could do this for us.

The Bengals have also been one of the very worst run blocking teams in the league under Paul Alexander.

Last year they were bad in both pass protection and run blocking and his guys Ogbuehi and Bodine destroyed our
season. Cannot believe any Bengal fan would be for bringing back this coach after last season, even you Fred.

Hell, if my favorite coach on the Bengals, Urban, had a season like this with his receivers i would be for firing him.

I don't believe in favoritism. When you suck you need to be replaced.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - xxlt - 02-13-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - xxlt - 02-13-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - xxlt - 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Be Prepared to Barf over Bodine - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-20-2017, 01:41 PM