Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best fit Free Agent for Bengals..
(02-18-2017, 06:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/player/devintaylor/2539304/profile

He did have 7 sacks in 2015, but slid back to 4.5 and only 28 combined tackles and assists this year.

Ah, must of got my years mixed up, thanks Sunset. Still, an upgrade over Clarke's what 2.5 sacks last year?

Taylor is 6'7" and young and lean, he just looks like a Bengal DE even though i wish we would do away with this
way of just getting a DE for his size instead of his skills. I saw some talent from Taylor last year though which is
why i would like the pickup, he seems like he can bend unlike MJ and Hunt at his height.

(02-19-2017, 11:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I saw this article, too, and it made me at least think about it.  JPP isn't going to get as big a FA contract as many would imply, with his injury and the point at which he has reached in his career.  He would be an immediate impact, and the Bengals wouldn't have to wait for a rookie to develop or fear his hitting the rookie wall come playoff time.  

Taking all that in to account, I still want the draft pick.  The Bengals are not in a "re-building mode", but they do have to start to consider who will be the next wave of Dunlaps, Genos, Burficts, etc.  The pick they should be able to get at #9 will be a difference maker at RDE that fits our scheme.  

For DE, the guy that I think could be signed for reasonable money and could be a very nice fit on our right side is Jabaal Sheard.  He showed what he could do with talent around him in NE, and he can also rotate inside on 3rd downs.

Personally, if the Bengals are going to sign any FA outside their own team, this is where I hope they go...here and CB with a guy like Amukamura (sp?)...and let Adam Jones walk.  

Would be all for Jabaal Sheard, always thought he was a good player, even in Cleveland.

We need an O-lineman in FA, especially if Zeitler goes which is sounding likely.

Ronald Leary is looking like the best fit to me cause he can run block which we desperately need here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best fit Free Agent for Bengals.. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-20-2017, 01:55 PM