Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why did we draft a guard in the first round?
(02-20-2017, 02:19 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have asked this inside of other threads but I think it merits its own thread

why in the world would the Bengals waste a first round pick on a guard - a position they do not value- knowing that they won't resign a guard drafted in the first round who succeeds to a second contract because they don't value the position.

How many guys went after Z in positions Bengals value more than guard.

I seriously do not get this at all.

It is a good question, we all loved the Zeitler pick at the time, the fans. Maybe we do have SOME pull?

Most of us wanted DeCastro but i thought at the time it was masterful to trade down and get nearly as good of a Guard.

Zeitler has actually been better in pass protection than DeCastro, just not near as good in the run blocking department as
most of PA's O-lineman are. To invest a first round pick on a guy and just let him go cause you don't value a position in the
trenches is very telling. This is where games are won, shows how much Mikey boy cares about winning.

Still, i think we could let Zeit go, grab Ronald Leary and Ricky Wagner in FA and be much better with a Center draft pick
but hey, probably not going to happen. Probably just get Leary or another FA Guard and ride with Bodine at Center and
Fisher at RT, not improving, especially in pass protection.

Would be throwing Leary into a buzz saw even though i think Fisher played okay last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: why did we draft a guard in the first round? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-20-2017, 02:26 PM