Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best NFL cornerback versus each route type - Dre Kirkpatrick
(02-20-2017, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a great thing to be good at in the NFL as far as Cornerback.

Dre really surprised me with his good play last year and i was a Kirkpatrick hater for many years before cause of
the double moves he used to get beat on and his penalties. Plus he couldn't get interceptions even when they hit
him in the hands at times. He improved in all these aspects last year.

Still, i don't trust the guy and i don't think it would be the end of the world if he went somewhere else with guys
like Shaw, Dennard, WJ3, Garrett and now Benwikere in the wings.

It would be the end of the world if we didn't bring back Whitworth for atleast a year.

(02-20-2017, 05:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think the Bengals should take this past year's Kirkpatrick into evaluation that they need to start playing their corners more.

Kirkpatrick has been the starter for 2 years. Just 2. He was put in during the Denver game in 2014. Who knows when he would have started if Newman didn't have such a terrible last few games.

Cornerbacks can only get better with more playing time. It's the hardest position to transition to. There's growing pains for every one. Hopefully this allows them to not be afraid to play their 1st rounders more.

Agreed and if Dennard plays well this season we're in the same boat we were in this current offseason with Kirkpatrick. A player playing well in his contract year and the team wondering if the player is worth extending based of a small sample size of production. Thats where I'm at with Fisher going into next year. I'd rather find out if he can play right tackle or not this season vs. singing at vet RT and having Fisher sit on the bench for 3 plus years not knowing if he can play. If he dosent play well unit year 4 we would have another guy in a contract year with one season of productivity. I understand bringing back Whit because Ced was such a liability. The Obueghi situation will be interesting going forward. Let's say the Bengals sign Whit for one year and Obueghi sits on the bench all next year in his 3rd season. The following year would be his 4th season. Let's say by some miracle Obueghi starts at left tackle in year 4 and plays decent but not great. The Bengals would have to make a big decision on picking up his 5 year option and a bigger one the following year when he's a free agent based off a hypothetical 1 1/2 of good play. I'd sign Dre and cut that aging thug corner pacman. It will open up the door to seeing if Jackson III can play as well as the other young corners.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best NFL cornerback versus each route type - Dre Kirkpatrick - lone bengal - 02-20-2017, 06:47 PM