Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the Combine changes my mind
I don't consider FA or trades. My picks are based on 1)How the team will be if all free agents sign elsewhere, 2)Who I think the team will draft, not who I would draft, 3)Prospect rankings from CBS

1)I really can't figure out this pick because the teams ahead of the Bengals can go any which way. I think one of the top 4 DE will be here and that will be the pick, most likely not Garrett, so Allen, Thomas or Charlton. My gut tells me Allen will be gone and Thomas is not the Bengals type of DE, so the pick is:

Taco "Chalupa" Charlton, DE 6'6" 272lbs
[Image: 9524439-ncaa-football-hawaii-at-michigan-1-850x560.jpeg]

2. Passed on the LB in the first, but taking a thumper here in the second. Need to replace Mauluga and get younger and more athletic.
Raekwon McMillan, ILB, 6'2" 240lbs
[Image: 14-11-29-FB-1971.jpg]

3. This is a BPA pick with just drafting a WR in the second round last year and Core playing very well at the end of the season, but if this guy is sitting there at the top of the 3rd you have to take him. He's big and physical and will get those tough across the middle 3rd down conversions this team has needed for years.
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, 6'2" 220lbs
[Image: juju-smith-schuster-and-usc-wr-j-480x2641.jpg]

4a. Seriously doubt the team is interested in paying Zeitler what he can get on the open market and they need to add more size and youth to the O-line.
Isaac Asiata, OG, 6'3" 325lbs
[Image: jpeg]

4b. Rex signs elsewhere, Gio returning from ACL tear, Hill just not that great except at scoring TD's and Peerman is a ST. Time to get some talent and AFC North style RB on the team. We'll see come combine, but rumors are he runs a 4.40 at 250lbs.
D'onta Freeman, RB, 6'1" 250lbs
[Image: 6_4796067.jpg]

5. Going to double dip on DE here with Hunt likely (hopefully) gone and MJ on his last legs. Another Bengals prototype DE overshadowed by the first over pick.
Daeshon Hall, DE, 6'5" 265lbs
[Image: Daeshon%20Hall%20(2)]

6a. Time for a kicker!
Zone Gonzalez, K, 6' 201lbs
[Image: Zane+Gonzalez+Arizona+State+v+Arizona+hbECXUm8h1kl.jpg]

6b. Bengals...We have the meats! He'll need to drop a few lbs, but we need some young big guys to replace Peko and Sims.
Josh Tupou, DT, 6'3" 362
[Image: CU%20UCLA%20Cliff1042-XL.jpg]

7. Late round flyer on a CB that likes to tackle for PS or ST.
Brandon Facyson, 6'2" 191lbs
[Image: 8850427-brandon-facyson-ncaa-football-no...50x560.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Before the Combine changes my mind - Yojimbo - 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM