Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration.
Having worked in restaurants a majority of my adult life, and in retail.  I've worked with a ton of immigrants, and most I know are just trying to secure a better life doing the work that many of our citizens don't want to do.  Now that being said, the best way to enforce illegal immigration IMO is to crack down on employers who hire them.  It's ironic to me that we are a nation of immigrants, yet we shun immigrants.  We have a long history of it, Irish, Italians, Jews, Germans, Mexicans, and on and on...etc. All have been persecuted upon arrival.  People that are migrating to this country are doing so out of extreme desperation.

Most are trying to migrate here because of war or extreme poverty (or both).  Where some of these people have had to live, I couldn't fathom.  It's amazing to me that so many lack empathy for them.  I couldn't think of how bad things would have to get to pick up my entire life and move to a country that I didn't understand the language, customs, and culture. It's not something one takes lightly.

On that note vetting is needed we can't just let anybody in. However I believe the process we've been using works, but throwing the baby out with the bath water (as Trumps policy orders) is a bad idea.  Many innocents get caught in wide sweep, breaking up family's.  I read the USA TODAY almost daily and I read an article about a woman who'd been here since she was 14yo and was being deported leaving behind her American husband and children.  She has been denied citizenship, because she's been convicted of a crime.  Her crime...entering the USA illegally when she was 14yo.  That is devastating, so yea IMO some things need to change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration. - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 02-21-2017, 03:34 AM