Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?"
(02-21-2017, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, would you rather them address it with players that are average in FA or would you rather do it through the draft, which happens to be pretty loaded at Guard?  

I thought Fisher played pretty well at RT once he was given the opportunity.  Draft guys like Feeney(2nd)  and Eiflein(3rd) and you have potentially improved both your RG and C position for less than one fourth the contract of Zeitler.  This allows you to sign a player like Terrelle Pryor (that's my pick, not many others...) or a veteran CB like Amukamura (I would also like him) instead of going with talent that you know is only similar to Zeitler and not improving any other position group.

The Bengals sure didn't do much from a personnel decision-making standpoint on the offensive line to earn our trust, I get that.  Ced O was a colossal bust....and they rode him right in to the 6-9-1 record, but I think they will not only be more than capable of replacing Zeitler, but they will also likely draft a Center to push Bodine and possibly replace him as his contract is up after 2018.

They won't get either one of those.  We all know this, nothing to see here.  They not only rode Og, they've been riding Blodine for what, three years?  His coach sucks, and so does he.

The problem with going through the draft is this:  the player HAS to be 100% NFL ready, cause he sure as shit ain't gonna get coached up to be ready with the Merry Band of Tenured Bums having a lifetime contract.  If this was any other staff and "FO", I'd be on board somewhat.....not these clowns. :paul: I mean, Zeitler was specifically recruited to Wisconsin, home of the road grader, to be a mauling run blocker.  He shows up in Cincy to get worse at run blocking.  I have ZERO faith in these imbeciles to coach up anyone, ZE---RO.

We drafted this kid, and then talked about needing to rollover money to sign him a couple of years ago, only to......let him walk because he played his way into a decent contract?  I'm with ya here, cause that's TOTALLY a signature Son of Paul move.  Pocket money, and kick the fans in the junk on the way to deposit it.  Talk about pissing down our collective legs and telling us it's raining!

Blodine should have been replaced after 2015.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?" - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-21-2017, 10:02 AM