Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration.
(02-21-2017, 09:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I consider myself somewhere in the middle, but I'll answer anyways. I simply don't think it's that big of an issue, yet gets turned into one by both parties. I think it is used as something politicians can point to on both sides as a platform but in actuality means very little to the majority of the people in the country and their problems. It isn't the reason why many of the unemployed are unemployed, it isn't the reason for the majority of our crime, it isn't the main reason for rising healthcare costs, it isn't the reason we are fighting wars in the middle east, and it isn't the reason for the high racial tensions in the country.

We spend all the time discussing something that really should be a peripheral issue, but it has somehow consumed the country.

I think all of the answer have been very good but the bolded sentence was what I was going to say also.

Hundreds of millions of people in the US and so few problems with immigrants and that seems to be the fear du jour.

But as has also already been said we as a country to love to fear monger about "them" coming here and destroying "our" way of life.  The "them" just changes from generation to generation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration. - GMDino - 02-21-2017, 10:05 AM