Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best NFL cornerback versus each route type - Dre Kirkpatrick
(02-20-2017, 05:58 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I agree that Bengals play a lot of two high safety but I think you could see the difference last year from Reggie to Williams. Williams does not provide the same level of deep coverage and ball skills that Nelson did. I found the Bengals gave up more big plays last year than in any of the playoff years. Definitely tightened this area up as the season went on so maybe the safeties got more comfortable.

I think more of the issue was blown assignments early on. A lot of CBs looking at the safeties trying to figure out where they were on a play. When an offense lines up, depending on formation and count to each side of the ball it can dictate slight adjustments to the coverage. I think early on the CBs were seeing things differently than the Safeties, but as the year progressed everyone got ont he same page. People don't realize that real football isn't Madden, guys don't just run to a colored area on the field and play "zone"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best NFL cornerback versus each route type - Dre Kirkpatrick - Au165 - 02-21-2017, 10:28 AM