Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration.
(02-20-2017, 06:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I will tell you my perception is that the left doesn't really care.  They don't think it's a problem.  I mean anyone who brings up anything about it is labeled a racist as if it's our fault that the vast vast majority of people coming here illegally have darker skin.  Which makes me think it's more of a political thing for them.

As I said, that's my perception.  So I'll ask.  Do you think we should have open borders?  If you are not for open borders, do you think that once someone gets here, and let's say away from the border, that they should be allowed to stay as long as they have no criminal record?

I'm just honestly curious because I really don't know what the stance of the average liberal is.

Now that I went, Why do you care if someone comes into our country? What does being a "legal" vs "illegal" immigrant do for our country? If the "checking" didn't stop terrorists from blowing up the world trade centers, what does all this "checking" actually gain the country? I am trying to see what limiting the flow of movement of people gains us if it isn't safety.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration. - Au165 - 02-21-2017, 12:14 PM