Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson talks about Hill, FA & HOF
(02-21-2017, 03:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The writing has been on the wall for years now with Z. I'd love him back but when he didn't take an extension in previous seasons that is never a good sign. The bengals are already paying Boling at guard a decent amount. $10 mil/yr is a LOT to pay for an OG no matter how good he is. On top of that, I don't get the feeling Z necessarily wants to come back anyway. Kinda seems like he never really planned on being here his whole career. I think everyone should just accept that he will not be back next year.

I'm guessing that he didn't get offered anywhere near market value.

If you can make around $10 million per year as one of the top OGs in the league, why would you sign an extension for $6 million per year?

Boling is getting an average for contract for a good guard.  There's no reason whatsoever that we can't pay Zeitler the money he would command on the open market.  I don't care that he plays guard.  The fact of the matter is that we will have 3 very HUGE holes on the line next year before we even snap the ball (Bodine, Fisher, RG).  You know damn well that the front office will "go to war with what we have" since we can't spend any of the injury money or rollover money to grab a good starter.

Get ready for a Jhari Evans signing after camp cuts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson talks about Hill, FA & HOF - Hammerstripes - 02-21-2017, 03:42 PM