Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?"
(02-20-2017, 05:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You clearly don't remember when he was playing. The dude was constantly scrambling out of the pocket when he didn't need to, either running for 1 yard, or running right into a sack. Scared.

He was up against the 30th ranked pass defense and went 14-23 for 108 yards (4.7 YPA) with 0 TD/1 INT, 3 Sacks, and 3 Fumbles in the first three quarters of that playoff game. The Steelers scored 6 points off his turnovers. The only time he ever did anything was when the Bengals D gave him extremely short fields to work with. Keep in mind, that was with arguably the best passing weapons the Bengals have *ever* had, and he did that against the 30th ranked pass defense.

Meanwhile the defense held the 7th overall offense/10th scoring offense to 9 points that weren't off McCarron turnovers in the first three quarters. So go ahead and tell me how he's fearless and prime time games are no match for him, because I will still just recall the fact that he did absolute jack shit for almost the entirety of the game. If he had even just been mediocre, the Bengals would have blown the Steelers out with the way the defense was playing that day.

So I call thorough BS on that.

He still brought them all the way back into the lead.  Not saying he played great, but he righted the ship in the end and should have brought this team the win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?" - Hammerstripes - 02-21-2017, 03:44 PM