Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration.
(02-21-2017, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, I said some one going through the process. Ididn't say someone that has completed the process, so your congratulations may not be well received.

I'm not sure of the logic of allowing someone to abandon their birth country to become a citizen of another and not make a sworn allegiance to that country a requirement. I would think affirming to follow the Constitution and renounce loyalty to any other country would be mandated. Why do you think these things should be optional?

My bad. 

"Best of luck and I hope the process goes smoothly and without hindrances, can't wait to have you here."

Mostly because I see having someone take an oath of allegiance as meaningful as the years of indoctrination that we put our children through in their formative years with the daily pledge of allegiance and singing about America and all that rah rah sis boom bah.

If someone wants to formalize their allegiance with an oath, that's fine by me. But in many ways, going through the difficulties and sacrifices usually associated with leaving your birth country and creating a life in another are usually much more indicative of their feelings towards this country than a potentially meaningless recitation of an oath, in my eyes at least. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration. - CKwi88 - 02-21-2017, 11:19 PM