Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration.
(02-21-2017, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I agree that the vast majority of legal and illegal immigrants are here for nothing more to better their lives, and I believe they work hard at it.  

OK let's look at the empathy?  Where does it end?  If we do crack down on employers, then where does that leave those they would have hired?

Personally I have limitless empathy for them, as long as they are here for the right reasons.  However my suggestion for cracking down on employers, was a suggested cheaper and more effective solution, to replace Trumps wall.  However, I'm sure they would be able to find a job somewhere getting paid under the table.  That said, I really think we need immigration reform (and not of the Trump variety).  There is a work visa program I believe called an HB1 (I think that's what it is, it could be H1B or something like that.)  Essentially it allows companies to hire foreigners for positions that they say there aren't enough US citizens qualified to fill, so they have to look outside our borders to fill them.  It's complete fabrication, they simply change the job description, although just about any job filled by them could be filled by many jobless Americans with numerous IT certificates and diplomas.  So IMO reverse this, stop handing out so many HB1's to India and hand out more general work visas to our amigos south of the border.  I work nearly across the street from P&G in Mason there is a lot of Indians, trust me we are not taking their poor.  We are taking their educated, not because there is no one here to do the job, but because it's cheaper than hiring our own citizens who would love to have that job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration. - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 02-22-2017, 02:50 AM