Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?"
(02-21-2017, 10:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: They won't get either one of those.  We all know this, nothing to see here.  They not only rode Og, they've been riding Blodine for what, three years?  His coach sucks, and so does he.

The problem with going through the draft is this:  the player HAS to be 100% NFL ready, cause he sure as shit ain't gonna get coached up to be ready with the Merry Band of Tenured Bums having a lifetime contract.  If this was any other staff and "FO", I'd be on board somewhat.....not these clowns. :paul: I mean, Zeitler was specifically recruited to Wisconsin, home of the road grader, to be a mauling run blocker.  He shows up in Cincy to get worse at run blocking.  I have ZERO faith in these imbeciles to coach up anyone, ZE---RO.

We drafted this kid, and then talked about needing to rollover money to sign him a couple of years ago, only to......let him walk because he played his way into a decent contract?  I'm with ya here, cause that's TOTALLY a signature Son of Paul move.  Pocket money, and kick the fans in the junk on the way to deposit it.  Talk about pissing down our collective legs and telling us it's raining!

Blodine should have been replaced after 2015.

I guess that is the ultimate sticking point:  Some are ok with allowing Zeitler to walk rather than pay $10 Million per year, and some are not, but both camps seem to agree that if they don't sign Zeitler to a long-term deal that the monies saved will not be used on a FA that could make a huge impact on this team.

Personally, I don't see how they can avoid going after a veteran CB.  Adam Jones, who should be gone, will be suspended at the very least.  They would have three essential rookies at the five CB starts (Russell, WJII, and a draft pick) and that is assuming they have signed Dre Kirkpatrick.  They don't really know what they have in Dennard, except that he shouldn't be the nickel (slot) CB over Shah.  

Between the savings of Zeitler and Adam Jones, they should be able to extend Whit, Sign Dre, and add a veteran FA CB like Amukamura.  The key word being "should",  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?" - SHRacerX - 02-22-2017, 10:22 AM