Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?"
(02-22-2017, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess that is the ultimate sticking point:  Some are ok with allowing Zeitler to walk rather than pay $10 Million per year, and some are not, but both camps seem to agree that if they don't sign Zeitler to a long-term deal that the monies saved will not be used on a FA that could make a huge impact on this team.

Personally, I don't see how they can avoid going after a veteran CB.  Adam Jones, who should be gone, will be suspended at the very least.  They would have three essential rookies at the five CB starts (Russell, WJII, and a draft pick) and that is assuming they have signed Dre Kirkpatrick.  They don't really know what they have in Dennard, except that he shouldn't be the nickel (slot) CB over Shah.  

Between the savings of Zeitler and Adam Jones, they should be able to extend Whit, Sign Dre, and add a veteran FA CB like Amukamura.  The key word being "should",  

You're exactly right on all points.  In no way do I think Z is the end all, be all savior of Cincinnati, I just have a gut feeling his replacement will be worse on an already abysmal right side of this unit.  Like you, I fear they won't use those savings to better the team, rather to better the bottom line.  There are also rumors that Whitworth wants out.  If true, you talk about a cluster.....

I'm afraid they are not going to cut Jones.....the one guy that SHOULD be gone.  To me, if they cut Jones, Maualuga, and Peko, they free up enough dough to make this a moot point.  All three of them should be cut or restructured to the vet minimum at the very least.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com "AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?" - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-22-2017, 10:49 AM