Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson talks about Hill, FA & HOF
(02-21-2017, 06:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If the Bengals cut some dead weight like Maualuga and Jones how much would that free up ?

I'd keep Maualuga for his contract year and cut Michael Johnson instead, which would free up even more. ~$17.8 mil instead of ~$13.5 mil if I understand how the numbers work (which I probably don't). I mean you could cut all 3 but frankly everyone else is right - we don't need all this cap room. Keeping DreK, Zeit, Whit, Burkhead, and maybe even make a run at LaFell if you like (he will go from $2.5 mil to $6.5 mil) should be possible. Any other re-signings are depth (or in one case special teams) and should be roughly what you're already paying for them (TJ Johnson, Peerman, Winston, and possibly DL depth guys like Margus Hunt and maybe even Brandon Thompson if the coaches feel like he's better depth than Hardison and Dean and can somehow stay healthy in the future). 

I'm saying all this thinking we should draft 2 DEs, 2 OL guys (well I'd like 3 but 2 is more likely), 2 LBs, 1 CB, and depending how many compensatories we get use late round picks to get a kicker, then backup QB, and finally an RB (or possibly a WR if we lose LaFell but keep Peerman and Burkhead).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson talks about Hill, FA & HOF - BoomerFan - 02-22-2017, 02:22 PM