Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best NFL cornerback versus each route type - Dre Kirkpatrick
(02-23-2017, 12:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess I just look at the overall picture. The defense - and secondary in particular - took awhile to gel last season (new/old coach + lost Nelson), but did a fine job overall, IMO.

I just don't get the overwhelming Joseph love or the Coyle hate. Coyle was highly regarded in his last stint as our DB coach.

I think the Joseph love comes from the media. When he signed here, we were told that he was a hot up-and-comer in the coaching ranks. Our secondary looked good and the players talked highly of him. That was something we weren't hearing about Carrier. The Broncos tried to get him for the DC job and we blocked it. Then his contract is up and Miami quickly snags him. Now he's head coach with GM that will do whatever it takes to get the team a championship.

The hate for Coyle comes from his exit in Miami. He was basically victim of a font office that was all about signing a name player instead of a guy who could fit into the team and help. Then you have a spineless jellyfish named Joe Philbin who none of the players respected. That usually trickles down to resentment towards other coaches. Along with Suh's craziness, it would be hard for most DCs to corral that. He just happens to be a victim by proxy.

I think it's crazy when people complain about Coyle when the CBs are lined up 7 yards off a WR when it's 3rd and 2. He's not the one calling the defensive plays.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best NFL cornerback versus each route type - Dre Kirkpatrick - Bengal Dude - 02-23-2017, 05:31 PM