Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-24-2017, 10:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/military-style-firearms-second-amendment_us_58aceeebe4b0d0a6ef4634f8?pt0fbzywtu1irafw29&

I don't know about this.

If you take the "militia" part literally wouldn't weapons of military service be covered?

But then I don't believe even a small percentage of gun owners want those guns or would be willing to join a militia either.

Tough call.

PS: Still not taking away anyone's right to own a gun.

Couple thoughts. Somewhere Obama is thinking, "Damnit, I was supposed to take their guns!"

I think the originalists should stick to their guns and rule in accord with what the founders meant - they meant you could have as many muskets as you wanted. No protection for handguns or any other long arms. Just muskets.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - xxlt - 02-24-2017, 08:44 PM