Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-24-2017, 07:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 1) Does a sales tax on firearms tax a person's ability to exercise their constitutional right?

No more than the price of the firearm itself.  Compared to mandatory insurance to even own a fire arm this is a poor comparison.

Quote:2) What someone prefers to be shot by and claiming the one stop incapacitating power of an AR is indisputable are different arguments. The one stop incapacitating power of the M16/M4/CAR15/AR15 platform has been a topic of dispute since it was first introduced in Vietnam and has dogged it up to and including Iraq and Afghanistan. 

The one stop shot wasn't really my point.  The point was that a rifle round is far deadlier than a pistol round and is far more likely to incapacitate the target.

Quote:3) Copper jacketed ball ammo is meant to fragment after tumbling inside the body to create more wound tracts, increased permanent and temporary cavitation, and transmit the maximum amount of kinetic energy from the bullet to the wound to increase tissue destruction and prevent a through and through wound. If it works like it is designed, the bullet should rip itself apart due to high muzzle velocity creating the type of one stop capacity you describe. (The wounds should be worse than a AK 7.62 round.  Should be.) The muzzle velocity is supposed to make the smaller round more lethal, but it can also cause through and through wounds because the bullet never tumbles and fragments, and much of the kinetic energy carries the bullet through the body instead of being transmitted into the target. The problem is a double edged sword so to speak. 

Yes, I am aware of all of this.  However, you didn't address my point, which was in a home defense scenario you would not want to use ball ammo in an AR or any other long gun.  There are excellent JHP's (I personally like the Lehigh defense controlled chaos round) and other pre stressed jacketed rounds designed to dump most, if not all, of the bullet's energy into the target's soft tissue.  This would be a good choice for home defense, m855 ammo would not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-24-2017, 09:33 PM