Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-24-2017, 09:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No more than the price of the firearm itself.  Compared to mandatory insurance to even own a fire arm this is a poor comparison.

Au165 stated insurance was a separate issue when he mentioned it. I didn't make a comparison. I asked if a sales tax on a firearm was a tax on exercising a constitutional right.

Quote:The one stop shot wasn't really my point.  The point was that a rifle round is far deadlier than a pistol round and is far more likely to incapacitate the target.

You specifically cited the one stop incapacitating power of a AR and claimed it was indisputable. However, it has been disputed for over 50 years.

Quote:Yes, I am aware of all of this.  However, you didn't address my point, which was in a home defense scenario you would not want to use ball ammo in an AR or any other long gun.  There are excellent JHP's (I personally like the Lehigh defense controlled chaos round) and other pre stressed jacketed rounds designed to dump most, if not all, of the bullet's energy into the target's soft tissue.  This would be a good choice for home defense, m855 ammo would not.

Yet, every unit I was in, including 3rd Ranger Battalion, used M855 ammo for room clearing with four shooters in the same room all shooting targets. I feel perfectly comfortable using ball ammo for home defense. All my exterior walls are brick so I don't have to worry about 5.56/.223 ammo penetrating and hitting a neighbor so I only need to worry about ammo penetrating interior walls. If a round can't penetrate an interior wall made of drywall I seriously doubt it has one stop incapacitating power. Plus, I want to be able to shoot through interior walls where someone might stack on an entry or try to hide behind cover. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-25-2017, 01:23 AM