Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-25-2017, 01:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Au165 stated insurance was a separate issue when he mentioned it. I didn't make a comparison. I asked if a sales tax on a firearm was a tax on exercising a constitutional right.

Yes, and I gave a direct answer.

Quote:You specifically cited the one stop incapacitating power of a AR and claimed it was indisputable. However, it has been disputed for over 50 years.

Incorrect, I stated the one shot incapacitation potential of a rifle round over a pistol round was indisputable.  Because it is.

Quote:Yet, every unit I was in, including 3rd Ranger Battalion, used M855 ammo for room clearing with four shooters in the same room all shooting targets. I feel perfectly comfortable using ball ammo for home defense. All my exterior walls are brick so I don't have to worry about 5.56/.223 ammo penetrating and hitting a neighbor so I only need to worry about ammo penetrating interior walls. If a round can't penetrate an interior wall made of drywall I seriously doubt it has one stop incapacitating power. Plus, I want to be able to shoot through interior walls where someone might stack on an entry or try to hide behind cover. 

Every round, including moderate pistol rounds, will penetrate dry wall.  The question at hand is will it do so with lethal force after penetrating a body.  Your hope is that a round will hit bone, which would severely limit lethality if it penetrates the target, or, failing that, that it hits a stud, accomplishing the same effect without hitting the target.  What exterior walls you have isn't really the question at hand.  Also, might the military using M855 ammo have something to do with JHP and other specialty rounds both being more expensive options and, not inconsequentually, being outlawed for military purposes by convention?

Any fire arms owner worth a shit knows that mil-spec is not synonymous with highest end quality.  The military has a scale balanced by quality, effectiveness and cost.   A civilian can own a firearm far superior to the standard issue infantry rifle if they are willing to shell out the cash.  Or maybe all those GI's spending cash on Geiselle triggers just wanted to waste money, not because the trigger group was far superior to SMI?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-25-2017, 02:01 AM