Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-25-2017, 02:01 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, and I gave a direct answer.

Well, that's like your opinion, dude . . . Because I didn't see a direct answer.

Quote:Incorrect, I stated the one shot incapacitation potential of a rifle round over a pistol round was indisputable.  Because it is.

I'm quoting you, "What can't be disputed, and why the AR for home defense argument exists, is the one stop incapacitating power of a rifle round over a hand gun."

"Why the AR for home defense argument exists"

"AR"

Quote:Every round, including moderate pistol rounds, will penetrate dry wall.  The question at hand is will it do so with lethal force after penetrating a body.  Your hope is that a round will hit bone, which would severely limit lethality if it penetrates the target, or, failing that, that it hits a stud, accomplishing the same effect without hitting the target.  

I don't understand what you are trying to explain. If a round hits bone it usually makes the wound more lethal for several reasons. 1) It causes the bullet to fragment. 2) The fragments are redirected along multiple wound tracts increasing tissue destruction and the chance a fragment hits a vital organ or major vessel. 3) It will usually fracture the bone which can be fatal in and of itself (femur fx).

Quote:What exterior walls you have isn't really the question at hand.

It matters if your worried about the rounds passing through the target.

Quote:Also, might the military using M855 ammo have something to do with JHP and other specialty rounds both being more expensive options and, not inconsequentually, being outlawed for military purposes by convention?

The military procurement system and the law of land warfare aside, none of that changes the fact I used M855 for room clearing with three other shooters engaging targets in the same room and I feel comfortable using M855 for home defense.

Quote:Any fire arms owner worth a shit knows that mil-spec is not synonymous with highest end quality.

I never claimed it was. I stated what I have used and what I am comfortable using.

Quote:The military has a scale balanced by quality, effectiveness and cost.   A civilian can own a firearm far superior to the standard issue infantry rifle if they are willing to shell out the cash.  Or maybe all those GI's spending cash on Geiselle triggers just wanted to waste money, not because the trigger group was far superior to SMI?

Of course the can buy better. But, it seems you have been disputing the indisputable one stop incapacitating power of the AR and the M855 rifle round for several posts after you claimed they were indisputable.

I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing, but I think we settled the what's indisputable debate because even you're disputing it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-25-2017, 02:46 AM