Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-25-2017, 02:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, that's like your opinion, dude . . . Because I didn't see a direct answer.

Maybe look again? I assure you it's there.

Quote:I'm quoting you, "What can't be disputed, and why the AR for home defense argument exists, is the one stop incapacitating power of a rifle round over a hand gun."

"Why the AR for home defense argument exists"

"AR"

Of course, you're being a bit disingenuous when ignoring the plainly stated part of that sentence, "the one s(hot) incapacitating power of a rifle round over a hand gun.  The AR being a rifle it would, of course, fall under that definition.

Quote:I don't understand what you are trying to explain. If a round hits bone it usually makes the wound more lethal for several reasons. 1) It causes the bullet to fragment. 2) The fragments are redirected along multiple wound tracts increasing tissue destruction and the chance a fragment hits a vital organ or major vessel. 3) It will usually fracture the bone which can be fatal in and of itself (femur fx).

I don't understand why you're confused.  The point about it hitting bone is that it would naturally limit over penetration.  I made no mention of the increased lethality of such wounds because it wasn't relevant to the point being made.

Quote:It matters if your worried about the rounds passing through the target.

If the target is your wall, sure.

Quote:The military procurement system and the law of land warfare aside, none of that changes the fact I used M855 for room clearing with three other shooters engaging targets in the same room and I feel comfortable using M855 for home defense.

It doesn't change the fact, no, but it changes the reason.  Given the choice of a well made JHP or a round designed to fragment and dump kinetic energy at a quicker rate it makes absolutely zero logical sense to choose M855 ammunition instead.

Quote:I never claimed it was. I stated what I have used and what I am comfortable using.

Allow me to explain the concept of implication then.  You can be comfortable using it all day, that doesn't mean it's the best choice, or even the logical one.

Quote:Of course the can buy better. But, it seems you have been disputing the indisputable one stop incapacitating power of the AR and the M855 rifle round for several posts after you claimed they were indisputable.

Not at all.  It confuses me that you could reach such an ill conceived conclusion.  Saying M855 is not the ideal choice for home defense in no way denigrates the incapacitation power of a rifle round over that of a pistol.  You're attempts to conflate the two arguments is ill conceived and poorly stated.

Quote:I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing, but I think we settled the what's indisputable debate because even you're disputing it. 

I see your confusion continues.  I'm not disputing anything except your claim that M855 ammunition is a good choice for home defense.  Maybe in your desperation to be internet correct you're ignoring the points that are actually being made?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-25-2017, 04:05 AM