Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-25-2017, 04:05 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe look again? I assure you it's there.

Of course, you're being a bit disingenuous when ignoring the plainly stated part of that sentence, "the one s(hot) incapacitating power of a rifle round over a hand gun.  The AR being a rifle it would, of course, fall under that definition.

I don't understand why you're confused.  The point about it hitting bone is that it would naturally limit over penetration.  I made no mention of the increased lethality of such wounds because it wasn't relevant to the point being made.

If the target is your wall, sure.

It doesn't change the fact, no, but it changes the reason.  Given the choice of a well made JHP or a round designed to fragment and dump kinetic energy at a quicker rate it makes absolutely zero logical sense to choose M855 ammunition instead.

Allow me to explain the concept of implication then.  You can be comfortable using it all day, that doesn't mean it's the best choice, or even the logical one.

Not at all.  It confuses me that you could reach such an ill conceived conclusion.  Saying M855 is not the ideal choice for home defense in no way denigrates the incapacitation power of a rifle round over that of a pistol.  You're attempts to conflate the two arguments is ill conceived and poorly stated.

I see your confusion continues.  I'm not disputing anything except your claim that M855 ammunition is a good choice for home defense.  Maybe in your desperation to be internet correct you're ignoring the points that are actually being made?

Let's keep it simple. An AR is a rifle, correct? And M855 is a rifle round, correct?  And now you're disputing its stopping power which you claimed earlier was indisputable. 

Would you care to explain why M855 would be a poor choice?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-25-2017, 11:19 AM