Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best fit Free Agent for Bengals..
(02-18-2017, 04:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I decided to compare their career stats because I wanted to see if JPP was really that much better than MJ.  Turns out, the two big years for JPP, he really lit it up.  The other years he's been average or missed time with injuries.  We know that the Bengals almost never move a player that is under contract, and MJ has two more years.  Cutting him would leave a dead cap of around 3.5M.  I really don't see him as much of a trade candidate, as he has played a ton of downs, and has shown serious signs of slowing down. 

Unfortunately, I don't see the Bengals signing JPP, or any other name brand DE in free agency.  I think that our best case is to hope they draft MJ's heir apparent, and pray that he can unseat MJ as the primary starter.

Probably will, in about two or three years.  He'll be IR'ed out of TC, ending his rookie year, of course.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best fit Free Agent for Bengals.. - McC - 02-25-2017, 02:49 PM