Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Article about NFL Free Agency Spending/Winning
(02-25-2017, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you can not just ignore reality to make it fit your argument.

For every team that got over the hump by signing free agents I can cite one that falied.

I also wish the Bengals would be a little more aggressive in free agency, but you can't just act like there is a simple plan that every team follows to win the super Bowl.  The fact that teams that win the Super Bowl have succesful free agent signings does not make the other facts disappear.  And that includes that fact that lots of team sign free agents to huge contracts that bust. 

Of course you can cite one that failed. There's 32 teams in the NFL and only one of them can win a SB.

It doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone who won a SB recently has added some key piece(s) in FA.

Comparing the Browns or Jags experiences in FA to why the Bengals shouldn't participate in FA makes no sense because as I said before, the Browns and Jags already suck, so FA won't fix them. Good teams that add good players in FA though? They generally get better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Article about NFL Free Agency Spending/Winning - TheLeonardLeap - 02-25-2017, 04:45 PM