Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hillary looks to divide the country
Dill Wrote:I consider it pposition to the party in power of the sort found in all liberal democracies.

Such calls would be treason under any dictatorship, though, where the leader's will is identified with law and the state, and opposition is by definition treason.

And "rule" appears to be your term. Clinton speaks of persistence in resisting an agenda, as all opposition parties do, not a call to take arms against the government or defy rule of law.

And as far as Kaine's comments about fighting in Congress, in the courts, online, at the ballet box, and in the streets, a charitable, context-sensitive reading might assume he not calling for violence but the usual political activism at all levels.  Interpretation of a Trump tweet calling for a march on Washington to UNDO the travesty of an Obama election is much less clear.

To put this another way, you are mistaking a figural claim for a literal--and not the first time today.

This is Trumpster Muddle of the highest order.  You could have started a thread about the Trump campaign's links to Russia and campaign hacking if really worried about TREASON, but instead you decided that Democrat leaders have been advocating violence. Your proof is words like "resistance" and "fighting."  And everyone must explain to you why opposing a president's policies is not, in itself, treason.

So a synopsis of your unbiased view on the matter is Hill's and Kaine's speech was just (I'm assuming you meant figurative) and not to be taken literal. Did you take the same unbiased approach to Trump talking to another dude on a private bus or did you take that literal?

I guarantee if Trump said/says we must resist the court's decision on his immigration ban you wouldn't find that to be figurative.

I have watched this forum flooded with misspoken phrases, exaggerations, ect... called lies. However when Hills of Kaine instructs folks to fight in the street or resist their government then it is "broad words"' figural" "context-sensitive".......... 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary looks to divide the country - bfine32 - 02-25-2017, 07:38 PM