Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-25-2017, 02:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is that a yes or a no?

It's a no, in comparison to other, far more suitable, rounds.

Quote:Would you like to explain why M855 is a poor choice or not?

Seriously?  I've literally done that since you asked.  Ball ammo with a steel penetrator is not ideal for home defense by dint of it's very manufacturing.  Why would anyone use ball ammo to defend their home when there are numerous JHP, fragmenting and pre stressed jacket ammunition options.  I get why the military uses it, it's what they've got.  They don't want to spend over a $1 a round for their ammunition.  Any reasonable home owner looking to defend their property and family will absolutely shell out the extra cash.

Quote:And why would you compare one rifle round to another rifle round when claiming the stopping power of a rifle compared to a handgun is indisputable in a home defense scenario?

This might be the most insane question I've ever been asked regarding ammunition.  Do you really think all rounds were created equal, is there a one size fits all round out there?  This question honestly makes me think you're trolling.

Quote:Is it because you might get a through and through wound with the rifle when shooting someone less than 20' away and a handgun or a shotgun might be a more suitable choice in that scenario? There are many different opinions. It's far from indisputable. 

What is best for home defense is absolutely far from indisputable, in general terms.  What is not indisputable is that a rifle round is more lethal than a handgun round.  

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-26-2017, 12:31 AM