Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay NY Journalist dumps Democratic Party
(02-26-2017, 11:58 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have first hand seen many vicious attacks (Facebook, mind you) by the LGBTQ community (and...yes, I understand a few bad eggs do not represent everyone), on anyone with a different view.
It just seems that tolerance isn't acceptable, anymore.
If you do not subscribe to their beliefs, you are the enemy.
Now, of course, Conservatives do the same.
However, liberals just seem more shocking, as they were recently pushing tolerance.
I just wish people would realize that they cannot change minds with arguments and insults.

http://nyp.st/2kdGjb2

Haven't read you article yet but you bring up an interesting point:

Does "pushing tolerance" mean you can't say anything bad about someone?

For example:  I support gay marriage.  What two, consenting, adults do is none of my business unless they are doing it in the middle of a public place IMHO.

But do I become intolerant if I tell someone who is ANTI gay marriage that they are wrong because their reasons come from a religion that I don't ascribe to?

I say that someone lied over and over and has been proven to have lied over and over am I being intolerant of people who refuse to tell or believe the truth?

If I call my ex-brother in law who is the image of the stereotypical redneck a redneck am I being intolerant of him or just observant?  Because he will tell you he is a redneck and proud of it.

And does this carry the same weight as a Republican running as the party of family values while having an affair  Or voting against gay issues while secretly being gay?

Interesting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gay NY Journalist dumps Democratic Party - GMDino - 02-26-2017, 12:05 PM